Starting February 15, 2017:
Amazon India offers over 100 million products, the largest selection of products for any online marketplace in the country. Amazon.in has introduced a new policy to safeguard your business from the impact of fees charged for undelivered shipments.
Effective February 15, 2017, for 'FBA' and 'Easy Ship' orders that are undelivered due to the inability to locate customer's address Amazon will reimburse you the following fees, exclusive of taxes: (i) 'Easy Ship shipping fee' for 'Easy Ship' order, and (ii) 'FBA Weight Handling fees' for FBA orders. In case of non-delivery of FBA orders, Amazon will additionally reimburse 'FBA Pick & Pack Fees'. Under this reimbursement policy, all shipments that are marked 'undelivered' on or after January 1, 2017 are eligible for such reimbursement of fees.
The reimbursement for such undelivered shipments for a given month will be processed between 8th and 15th of the following month. You can find such reimbursement (if any payable) under “Payments > Reports” section in your 'Seller Central’ account, as a single entry with the description “Non-subscription fee adjustment”. Amazon will notify you (via email) of the exact amount that has been reimbursed to you, for a given month, by 25th of the following month.
- Reimbursement for the shipments which could not be delivered due to the inability to locate the customer's address will be added to the disbursable balance of your 'Seller Central' account for the current payment settlement cycle.
- Reimbursement policy is only applicable for undelivered products which are marked as undelivered on or after January 1, 2017.
What is covered under this policy?
- Product(s) which are shipped using either 'Easy Ship' or 'FBA'.
- Product(s) which are marked 'undelivered' on or after January 1, 2017 due to the inability to locate the customer’s address mentioned in the order.
What is not covered under this policy?
- This policy does not cover product(s) which were not delivered for reasons of (i) rejection by customer, or (ii) unavailability of the customer to receive the shipment at the customer's address, or (iii) if the customer could not successfully complete the payment after multiple attempts.
- Product(s) marked 'undelivered' before January 1, 2017.
- 'Delivery Service Fee' will not be reimbursed under this policy.
- The amount charged towards Service Tax, Swachh Bharat Cess, Krishi Kalyan Cess or any other applicable tax will not be reimbursed under this policy.
To know more about the policy, refer to the following help page:
If you have any further questions, contact Seller Support using the following link: